Saturday, November 19, 2011

we're baaaaack! :)


Whoa....

Okay, to say it's been a while would be a bit of a [HUGE] understatement. Pretty sure the maybe two people who ever checked this blog gave up hope long, long ago. Hopefully I can regain your bloggy love and attention. I have a renewed motivation and also a very important tool to help me out-- I got a computer that doesn't take 20 minutes to load a webpage!!!

So, I need to confess something. I have a very dear friend that I have been rude to lately. I've said mean things that I didn't really mean and I think this friend is worried that I've found a replacement. I feel like I need to apologize in public, so they know how sorry I am. The friend I am referring to is my dear PC laptop. The one I used all through college. We were close friends and it really helped me through a lot of hard times. We spent a lot of all-nighters together crackin' out last minute papers, we learned all about what it means to actually be a good student so we could have less all-nighters, we had tons and TONS of g-chats with Jeremy when we were dating and mostly saw each other only on the weekends, and even in the last few months, it's kept me company in my empty hotel room while I had to travel away from my lovie dove for work. So many good times together. Its always been so loyal and has never asked for anything from me in return for all it does for me. Through the last couple years, its been slowing down gradually , which hasn't been so good for our relationship. This is why I decided it was time for it to retire from all its hard work while it still had a little energy left to enjoy the rest of its life. Thanks for everything, little Compaq. I won't forget you. (All of a sudden, I have that song going through my head about how we need to make new friends but keep the old, New friends are silver and the others are gold... or something like that)

Anyways, so now I have enough memory space on my new friend to keep all of my pictures all in one spot and since it's young and fast, I feel like I'll be more prone to post about all of our many adventures.

Now for a quick update on the last um... 10 months. oh gosh. That's pathetic that it's been this long.


 April: I graduated!!! Well, technically, that was back in December, but I walked in April, which made it really official.
Also, my grandparents and parents came out to Utah for the graduation and we went to the temple for Matty to receive his endowment. I can't believe how much that kid is growing up!


May: nothing too eventful, except Jeremy's high school buddies tee-peed our house as a house warming gift. So thoughtful, right? (to be completely honest, I'm still a little bitter about it... )

June: We took a weekend getaway to the cabin at Bear Lake. And treated ourselves to raspberry shakes! So yum!

There's no place like La Beau's! 

July: Jeremy's first trip to Fishlake!!! It's an annual tradition for my fam and he hadn't had the privilege of going until this year. He hadn't had much fishing experience before that, and man, what a good sport he was! He even went out for 6:00 am fishing with my dad even when I stayed back and kept sleeping.


Also, check out this rainbow!! Not a huge event, but so pretty right!?! It was on our way home from Fishlake and we could actually see the end of it! That had never happened to me before, but I'm pretty sure there was no pot of gold. We drove right under it though. So awesome!
 

August: First year anniversary!!!!!! We went to Park City and went window shopping on Main street. We got some yummy Italian pizza and gelato and Jeremy was so sweet and bought me two new scarves. Such a relaxing little getaway.


We also sent Matt off on his mission! He's already out of the MTC into the mission field in CA, speaking Armenian and doing fabulously. He's such a great kid. I'm just so proud of him and the way he's really living up to his potential. 



In September we had a reunion with my sophomore year roommates. We have all gone on to new adventures, but everytime we get together, we pick up right where we left off. It's so great to have girlfriends like them. They are such a good example to me. I'm so grateful to know all of them.



Aren't they all so beautiful? I really am so blessed to have them in my life. 

 October: I took Jeremy to his very first pumpkin patch! His family always got pumpkins at Walmart or something, so I showed him the way it's supposed to be. It was so fun :)




We carved them a few days before Halloween.





The weekend before they closed the canyons for the winter, we took a 2 hour long detour home from Salt Lake. We went through Big Cottonwood, down through Provo canyon and out the Alpine Loop to take us out American Fork canyon by our house. The fall colors were amazing!!!!


 Finally, we dressed up at Popeye and Olive Oyl for my sisters Halloween party. None of her kids knew who we were. We had the same problem last year when we were the Flintstones. I think we'll have to do something next year besides old cartoon characters. Kids these days are so deprived...


That's just about all caught up. It's pretty late, and Jeremy fell asleep on my lap, which I love because he's so adorable, but it's making it impossible to type. So, I really will do better, I promise! Keep checking on me, to keep my to my word! G'night! :)




1 comment: